ICER 2020 (series) / Lightning Talks and Posters /
Day 2 Welcome + Lightning Talks
Tue 11 Aug 2020 13:30 - 14:00 at Zoom Webinar - Day 2 Opening Chair(s): Miranda Parker, Jacqui Whalley
After a brief welcome and announcements from the chairs, we’ll have a brief series of speakers who applied to the Lightning Talks track (not including the doctoral consortium students, who speak on Day 3):
- How to study reading strategies of expert programmers approaching unexpected changes in a familiar pseudocode. Natalia Chitalkina (University of Turku)
- Designing a Computational Thinking course for Arts and Humanities’ Students. Santiago Ojeda Ramírez (Universidad de los Andes) and Carola Hernández Hernández (Universidad de los Andes).
- MatchingRef: Matching variable names in a reference page to help introductory CS students fix compiler errors. Thuc Nhi Le (Lafayette College), Shokhzodbek Saidov (Lafayette College), and Justin Smith (Lafayette College)
- Mapping Empathy in the Computer Science classroom. Lariza de Oliveira (University of São Paulo and University Center Barão de Mauá.
- First Bytes: Preparing K-12 Educators for CS Inclusion. Melissa Stange (Lord Fairfax Community College).
- Toward an inventory of plans and patterns, and their use to foster strategic knowledge in programming novices. Umberto Costantini (Università degli Studi di Milano), Violetta Lonati (Università degli Studi di Milano), Anna Morpurgo (Università degli Studi di Milano).
Tue 11 AugDisplayed time zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada) change
Tue 11 Aug
Displayed time zone: Pacific Time (US & Canada) change
13:30 - 14:00
Day 2 OpeningLightning Talks and Posters at Zoom Webinar
Chair(s): Miranda Parker University of California, Irvine, Jacqui Whalley Auckland University of Technology
|Day 2 Welcome + Lightning Talks|
Lightning Talks and Posters
Natalia Chitalkina University of Turku, Santiago Ojeda Ramírez Universidad de los Andes, Carola Hernández Universidad de los Andes, Thuc Nhi Le Lafayette College, Shokhzodbek Saidov Lafayette College, Justin Smith Lafayette College, Lariza de Oliveira University of São Paulo and University Center Barão de Mauá, Melissa Stange Lord Fairfax Community College, Umberto Costantini Università degli Studi di Milano, Violetta Lonati University of Milan, Anna Morpurgo Università degli Studi di Milano, C: Miranda Parker University of California, Irvine, C: Jacqui Whalley Auckland University of Technology